Students are ‘on notice’ over ‘acceleration’ of education lottery

Posted July 11, 2020 08:16:54Students are being advised they will not be eligible for a $10,000-a-year special education lottery this year.

Education Minister Richard Wynne said the Education Department was aware of the situation and had been in contact with students.

“We are aware of it and we are working with them to ensure that they are not impacted,” he said.

“It is also important that we understand that these children are on notice and they are going to be very disappointed that they have been let down.”

This is a situation where we have got to find a way to make sure that we make sure we are ensuring that the children who are on this notice do not get a chance to go through that process.

“Mr Wynne said he would not be able to comment on the details of the special education students’ lottery application process until the government’s finalised budget submission to Parliament.”

Our priority is the children and families of Queensland,” he told the ABC.”

That is our priority.

“Topics:education,education-and-training,government-and.parliament,community-and,education,courts-and/or-trials,education—education,qub,australiaContact Jacqueline O’ConnellMore stories from Queensland