Trump Administration says its funding of American schools will be restricted as it faces a funding crisis

Education Secretary Betsy DeVos announced today that funding for state and local education will be cut as the Trump administration faces a looming funding crisis.

In a statement to the media, DeVos said she would announce a plan to reduce the number of students attending public school from roughly 730,000 to 600,000, which will take effect this fall.

The plan will provide funds to provide for “policies, strategies, and resources that promote inclusive and equitable learning for all students, including for the poorest students.”

DeVos said the plan will allow states to spend their own money on “community-based programs and support services” to help students.

The Education Department said the cuts would begin this fall and would end in 2021.

The cuts would come in two parts: $100 million in cuts to the education and workforce departments and $200 million in new federal funds.

Education Secretary DeVos made the announcement at the American Federation of Teachers conference in Washington, D.C., where she announced $1 billion in funding for teacher training programs in the 2018-2019 school year.

The funding for the education department is expected to be cut by a further $1.2 billion, according to the Trump budget blueprint released this month.

The blueprint calls for $1 trillion in cuts across the federal government, with some $1,500 per student cut for public schools, and $5,000 per student for charter schools.

In his budget blueprint, Trump proposed an additional $1 million for teachers, but those funds were later cut.

DeVos said in the statement that she and her team are “committed to building on the progress we have made in the first year” to address the funding crisis facing the federal education department.

The Trump administration has been under fire for a number of budget decisions that have left education departments underfunded, including an $8.5 billion cut to the Department of Education by the Trump Budget.

The proposed $8 billion in cuts were proposed in the budget blueprint that was released last month.

DeVos’ plan calls for the elimination of the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Education, which has been in place since 2014.

She also proposed eliminating the Office for Civil Rights, which the Trump Administration has said is meant to help ensure that all Americans have access to equal opportunity and to combat discrimination against people of color and LGBTQ individuals.

DeVos is the first Education Secretary to announce cuts to a department in her tenure.

In March, DeVos proposed $2.4 billion in new funding for school districts and state governments.

The proposal called for the establishment of a school choice program for students in private and public schools.

DeVos has also proposed a $1-per-pupil tax credit for students who are in need of financial assistance to pay for college.

Cowboys to announce signing of linebacker LaMarr Woodley

The Dallas Cowboys announced Wednesday they’ve signed former Oregon Ducks linebacker LaMarre Woodley to a four-year contract, the team announced.

Woodley, 31, played at Oregon from 2009-11, recording 10 tackles for loss, two sacks and one forced fumble.

He was drafted by the Cowboys with the No. 3 overall pick in the 2008 NFL draft.

Woodhead’s contract includes $4.75 million in guaranteed money.